Jacki was born: May 1st 1932. Her primary education was at The Principia. She attended Washington University and graduated in 1954 with a degree in Journalism and Physical education. Her love for sports began in school. Her sports were Field Hockey, Basketball, Softball and Swimming. Her love of hockey began in the early 1950's when her father took her to a St. Louis Flyers game at the Arena Jacki married Jerome (Jerry) Haas on March 24th, 1956. Their children include Michael, 52 and Mark, 48. Jacki began her involvement with Affton Athletic Association in 1965 when her older son Mike started playing baseball. He used to play on field number one which is now underneath the ice rink. She was there when the rink was completed in 1973 and her younger son Mark started playing hockey in its first year of existence.
Jacki was extremely proud of the Affton Rink, especially the fact that it is the only organization in the entire Midwest that owns and operates it own rink. The organization receives no tax dollars from any municipality and it relies on volunteers to direct their programs. As of 2001, the rink owns two sheets of ice with the acquisition of the Fenton Forum. The other 7 private rinks that existed when Affton opened are gone. Jacki's tireless role in serving on the Affton Athletics Hockey Association Board for more than 30 years, and holding various positions including President and Chairman of the Board for the organization, helped pave the way for future volunteers and give guidance to the various organizations she was a part of.
Jacki is also recognized for her contributions to the Missouri Amateur Hockey board (MO-Am). The countless years of selfless dedication to youth hockey in St. Louis is remembered by the many players, parents, coaching staffs and fans that had the honor of meeting her. Below is a list of Jacki's accomplishments both in St Louis Amateur Hockey and in the Community:
- 1971 Co-Founder of Affton Schools Iceless Hockey League
- 1973-1980 Affton Ice Rink Board Director
- 1976 President Quad A Affton Athletic Association Auxiliary
- 197x Affton Ice Rink Board Secretary
- 197x Affton Ice Rink Board Vice President
- 1980-1987 Affton Ice Rink Board President
- 1982 Appreciation of service award from Missouri Amateur Hockey
- 1983 The Bob Broeg Award for the Unsung Hero from the Blueliners
- 1986 Affton Athletic Association Hall of Fame
- 1986 1st Annual Jacki Haas Spring Fling Hockey Tournament at Affton Ice Rink
- 1991 USA Hockey State Board Member
- 1994 President Missouri Amateur Ice Hockey Association (founded 1961 incorporated 1965)
- 1994-1997 Missouri Hockey Inc. (same as above, new name)
- 1999 Blueliners Lynn Patrick Memorial Award
- 2003 Missouri Hockey Inc Outstanding Service Award
- 2008 Jacki Haas ASHL Coach of the Year Award in her honor (posthumous)
The Haas family would like to thank the St Louis Amateur Hockey Association and Nominating Committee for Jacki's selection.